Sunday, January 1, 2012

Ardenwood Oatmeal Cookies


This is the best oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe I have ever tasted. I went to Ardenwood Farms in Union City, California, years ago, to watch a Civil War re-enactment. They had many recipes sitting out and this is the one that peaked my interest. I have since made them many times for my family and while stationed at the fire station. Everyone loves them. They are my children's favorite.

·  1 cup brown sugar

·  1 cup white sugar

·  1 cup butter

·  2 eggs

·  1 tsp. vanilla

·  1 1/2 cups white flour

·  1 tsp. baking soda

·  1 tsp. salt

·  3 cups oatmeal

·  1 package chocolate chips 

Cream together the butter and the sugars. Mix in the eggs and then vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt, oatmeal and chocolate chips. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment